Dreamworks' Second Largest Layoff
9/16/2016 06:08:00 AMhttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-nbcuniversal-dreamworks-animation-layoffs-20160915-snap-story.html
Recently, NBCUniversal announced that 200 positions were to be dropped from Dreamworks studio after acquiring the company $3.8 billion from Jeffrey Katzenburg. It was the studio's way of saving money by combining the divisions concerning marketing, distribution. finance, legal, and human resources. Since NBCUniversal is the same company that Universal Pictures is under, it is stated by NBCUniversal's Chief Executive Steve Burke said:
“All of the DreamWorks characters will start to emerge in our
This caught my eye because I have been paying attention to the animation industry since I was young because of my interest in art. As a consumer, I believe more people would go to Universal Studios because of the additional new characters in the film as well as newere attractions that children would drag their parents to. On the other hand, two-hundred people only have a couple months more working for Dreamworks before they officially leave. Will the large amount laid off discourage people from wanting to get a job at Dreamworks? Dreamworks is currently a well-known animation studios, should we be expecting less movies next year because of the lack of staff in other departments?

0 comments